The students of the PrairieWood Transition Center are very busy! Visit our Blog weekly for updates directly from the students regarding that weeks events and happenings.

Friday, December 9, 2011

PrairieWood gives back to Cedar Rapids!

The students of the PrairieWood Transition Center spend so much of their time out and about in the Cedar Rapids community.  Cedar Rapids provides so many great opportunities for them, from great schools to great recreation and leisure opportunities to great places to work.  Today, we gave back to our community that gives so much to us by ringing bells for the Salvation Army at the Wilson Avenue Hy-Vee.  We bundled up and rang our way through the coldest day of the year so far and even saw some familiar faces out supporting the cause as well!  Please enjoy these pictures from our time ringing bells!  Our feature blogger this week is Cassie.  Here is what she has to say about her week at PrairieWood...

"This week at PrairieWood I learned about the Nutcracker Ballet in my News2You.  I enjoyed working on labeling at Pet's Playhouse.  I was challenged by wrapping a gift for my mom.  At PrairieWood I would like to learn more about remembering to wear warm clothing to the center or anywhere I go."

Have a fantastic weekend and stay warm! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment