The students of the PrairieWood Transition Center are very busy! Visit our Blog weekly for updates directly from the students regarding that weeks events and happenings.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Independence and an UNO Tournament

As a part of our recreation activity today, we participated in an UNO tournament.  Each person had a chance to play a few games.  We also had several winners: a Good Sport Winner, a Consolation Winner and a Grand Winner.  Everyone took turns, played well, and enjoyed the time!

We also have some students who are taking some huge steps towards independence and we couldn't be happier for them!  Mason has started using the city bus to get to and from his competitive community job.  Way to go Mason!!!

Our feature blogger this week is Mason.  Here is what he had to say about his week at PrairieWood...

"This week at PrairieWood I learned that I can wait to cross the four-way stop when in doubt.  I enjoyed riding the city bus on my own.  I was challenged by telling when a customer is done or getting more food at the all you can eat at HyVee.  At PrairieWood I would like to learn more about how to tell if the customers are done or getting more food.  I rode the city bus all on my own this week!!!!!"

Can't believe these signs of Independence!!!!!  It was a good week at PrairieWood!!!!!

Chelsey purchasing her consolation prize.


Aric purchasing his grand prize.
Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment