The students of the PrairieWood Transition Center are very busy! Visit our Blog weekly for updates directly from the students regarding that weeks events and happenings.

Friday, May 20, 2011

WHAT A WEEK!!!

We have had a very busy and eventful week at PrairieWood.  Several of our students had very exciting meetings where they received their high school diplomas and were staffed out of the PrairieWood program.  We had our usual routines of cooking, riding the bus, grocery shopping, doing chores and going to work as well.  Then, on Thursday we enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL day at the ballpark and watched the Kernels come out of their losing streak.  We wrapped up our busy week with a delightful day at Palisades park in Mt. Vernon.  There we enjoyed a relaxing cook-out lunch, yard games, and even took time to enjoy (and draw) the scenery.  Our feature bloggers this week are Sarah and Andy.  Here is what they have to say about their week at PrairieWood.

Andy: "This week at PrairieWood I learned to make Taco Salad for lunch.  I enjoyed picking up garbage all over grounds.  I was challenged by following directions.  At PrairieWood I would like to learn more about taking care of plants.

Sarah: "This week at PrairieWood I learned where the chocolatee chips are in Hy-Vee.  I enjoyed the Kernels game.  I was challenged by cleaning the lockers by myself at the hotel.  At PrairieWood I would like to learn more about Parks."
Andy enjoying the sunshine at the Kernels game.

Brian purchasing his snack at the Kernels game.

Ahsia drawing the beauty at Palisades park.

We LOVE cook-out lunches!!

Kendra having a blast drawing and chatting on a beautiful Friday afternoon.


Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment