The students of the PrairieWood Transition Center are very busy! Visit our Blog weekly for updates directly from the students regarding that weeks events and happenings.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Sale Success!

The cold and windy weather forced us inside the day of our Walking Taco Sale.  What a bummer!!  We didn't have a lot of foot traffic, but thanks to our friends from Kirkwood and beyond, we managed to make the sale a great success!  Each student showed just how much of an adult they are by stepping into their assigned roles and working above and beyond.  The maturity and appropriate social skills they showed made the sale a complete success!

To celebrate both our sale and finally a day with beautiful weather, we enjoyed a campfire lunch out at Camp Io-Dis-E-Ca this afternoon.  Each student enjoyed grilling their own hotdog and s'more for lunch, exploring the beautiful scenery and nature that the camp grounds had to offer, and topped the afternoon off with a hay-rack ride with our good friend Luke.  Thank you Luke for an enjoyable afternoon and your great hospitality!!!

Our feature bloggers this week are Brian and Cassie B.  Here is what they have to say about their week at PrairieWood.

Cassie B: "This week at PrairieWood I learned about the Royal Wedding in my News2You.  I enjoyed dusting at camp.  I was challenged by not touching my hair while working the Walking Taco Sale.  At PrairieWood I would like to learn more about how to cook Jambalaya."

2011 Walking Taco Sale

2011 Walking Taco Sale

Hay-rack ride at Camp Io-Dis-E-Ca
Brian: "This week at PrairieWood I learned about the royal wedding.  I enjoyed finding where the sour cream and the milk are at Hy-Vee.  I was challenged by stapling laundry bags at work.  At PrairieWood I would like to learn more about saying "Thank you" when people buy chips."

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment