The students of the PrairieWood Transition Center are very busy! Visit our Blog weekly for updates directly from the students regarding that weeks events and happenings.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Coffee Talkin'...

PrairieWood students spend time each week learning use the city bus to access our community.  We go to a variety of places such as Lindale Mall, Hy-Vee, and this week we traveled to a little coffee shop named "Coffee Talk."  While there, we were able to purchase a small snack item.  What a fun time of learning to be independent...using the city bus to travel and making our own purchase!!!  It was a favorite activity for many of our students, and something they enjoy talking about.  Our feature bloggers this week are Andy and Sarah.  Here is what they had to say about their weeks at PrairieWood.

ANDY - "This week at PrairieWood I learned how to take the city bus to Coffee Talk.  I enjoyed pushing pine needles into the woods at work.  I was challenged by transplanting the cherry tomato plants  At PrairieWood I would like to learn more about helping Luke at Camp Io-Dis-E-Ca."

SARAH - "This week at PrairieWood I learned to go to Coffee on the city bus.  I enjoyed making French Toast.  I was challenged by doing the dishes.  At PrairieWood I would like to learn more about bowling.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment